Mintz Group, also known as Mintz Global Screening, provides a range of risk mitigation services focused on due diligence, litigation and anti-corruption investigations. Our clients include corporate decision makers, litigators, financial institutions, executive search professionals and non-profit groups. Since founding in 1994, the company has conducted over 10,000 investigations in more than 100 countries. Mintz Group is headquartered in New York City and has offices in the District of Columbia, San Francisco, Dallas, Miami, Montreal, Toronto, London, Hong Kong, Beijing, Nairobi, San José, and São Paulo (www.mintzgroup.com).
Position: International Screening Researcher
Mintz Global Screening is seeking inquisitive and motivated International Screening Researchers for its team based in Scarborough. The team specializes in vetting potential candidates for senior executive jobs globally. We are considering high-caliber, entry-level candidates preferably with foreign language fluencies. We are looking to add Researchers to our verification team with a focus on verifying education credentials, professional accreditations and other services offered by the company.
In accordance with Mintz standards, the International Screening Researcher shall:
· Conduct background checks on executives around the world
· Verify educational and professional qualifications through the use of online databases, telephone calls and email correspondence
· Learn and master the use of databases and vendors that serve as international liaisons for verifying degrees and professional qualifications around the world
· Carefully gather and thoroughly review and summarize news articles
· Synthesize information obtained in the form of written reports in a concise, professional and accurate manner; drafting and editing comprehensive client-ready reports
· Learn and master the use of databases that cover public records
· Meet client-driven deadlines
· Ensure compliance with the company standards of privacy and security
· Work with team members to ensure excellent client service
· Possess strong organizational skills and a high level of communication skills (written and oral)
· Have the ability to work in an evolving and dynamic environment
Knowledge and Education
· Strong research, writing (mastery of grammar and punctuation), computer skills, attention to detail, and high levels of reading comprehension are required
· Bachelor’s degree from a University recognized in Canada
· Fluency in English, foreign languages preferred
o Languages of particular interest include Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Russian
o Danish, Swedish, Portuguese, Arabic, and Spanish are also highly desirable
· Research, investigative or journalism experience is a plus
Experience, Skills and Abilities
· 1 to 3 years of experience in a research-centric, investigative or information gathering role would be an asset
· Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on Internet and social media research
· Ability to provide a high level of client service
· Capacity to communicate clearly and at a high level, both written and oral
· Above average reading comprehension skills
· Must be responsible, punctual, accurate and organized
· Positive attitude; desire to succeed and achieve high results
Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Your application was submitted successfully.